It's been overstated that the purpose of our lives is to "worship God". Being a worship leader I believe that my job is to create the best opportunity for people to enter into worship. I think most of our life can be reduced to creating or taking opportunities...

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Countdown

Considering that the kick-off of the 2009 holiday season starts at 11:30am for me today, I'm naturally counting down the hours and minutes until the punch-clock bell tolls.

...Then, I started thinking that the countdown is pretty distracting to the work I need to accomplish this morning before I leave.

...Then, I started to think about all the other countdowns that are a regular part of my life. Here are just 10 of them, in no particular order:
     1) the morning alarm clock
     2) birthdays
     3) anniversaries
     4) dinner-time
     5) Brett Favre's retirement decision(s)
     6) Christmas morning
     7) the start of a movie (maybe the original "countdown"?)
     8) July 4th fireworks
     9) my mother's scoldings ("I'm going to count to 3, and if you don't _________ by then, You're going to get...")
     10) battery life on my cell phone

And, after all of those thoughts on countdowns, I still had room for one more... I hope that this holiday season's countdowns don't get me too distracted from the things that I should be doing right now.

With that, I have to get back to work.

No comments: